E3younAlbak

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Sala7

wow. i don't even know how to begin talking about this... i went for a walk in the park with my dog this evening and met someone i would have never imagined meeting in my life. he was maybe 10-13 years old and his name was Sala7. when i saw him, i immediately knew he was 3arabi. he came running to come play with my dog, and i spoke to him in arabic. this little boy's picture will remain imbedded in my memory for the rest of my life. Sala7 came to america 3 years ago, when the US army brought him over after he "played with something he shouldn't have" the civilian family he lives with that sponsers him was telling me, as he was playing with my dog. Ana 3iraqi he told me, gabel talat sneen saar feeyi accident. he has no eyelid on his left eye. and his eye was wounded, he had such deep scars all over his face, his right eye was permanantly bruised as was that side of his face. his left arm had 2 mis shaped fingers on it and no palm, and his right arm ended at his elbow. discribing this little miracle doesn't do the image i have so vividly imbedded in my memory any justice. Sala7's brother was 16 when he was killed as he and sala7 were playing outside of their house in the midst of the war, they picked up something that was dropped by a helicopter that turned out to be a bomb of some sort.. i don't know really. all i know is when he was playing with my dog, he was so happy begging the man he lives with to buy him a dog, he also was telling me that he wants a motorcycle but they won't buy him one... and when i said well that's a good thing, because they're not safe, he said what about an atari, don't i deserve an atari? i looked at him with tears wallahi tears welling up in my eyes and said you deserve the world honey. i have seen pictures of war's children, but i have NEVER in my life seen one in front of my eye and touched one let alone hugged one. when he gave me a hug i didnt want to let go for the life of me. i wanted to take Sala7 and protect him from all of the ignorance and intolerance and hatered that fills this world. i wanted to be his body guard, his soul guard, his protector... i told dan, the man that takes care of him where i work and asked him to please bring him buy so i can see him, you know a66amman 3ale.. Sala7 will always be on my mind and it makes my goal even stronger, which is to go work for peace in war torn countries of the middle east. think on it.

2 Comments:

  • YES! a comment!! hahaha :)im so glad you havent forgotten about me 7abibti

    By Blogger E3younAlbak, at 2:27 PM  

  • Touching story, really. Wish you would give us updates

    By Blogger Jewaira, at 3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home